Had I screwed up?
Why hasn't anything happened?
It's been 36 hours. Hurry up already!
![]() |
| Paris Island, Buttercrunch, Pricehead |
Once I regained my composure and capacity for rational thought, I realized that it would likely take a few days before seeing any sprouts. I went to sleep that night feeling patient and calm, but as soon as morning came my excitement and anticipation came right back. Once again, I ran down the stairs and over to the starter beds. I peered into the first tray. Again, nothing. Somewhat dejected, I checked the second tray. Row 1 - Nothing. Row 2 - Nothing. Row 3 - Nothing. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - Nothing. But wait. What's that I see in Rows 9-11? Do I see little green sprouts? I think I do! It looks the most anxious of my plants are all lettuce plants.
![]() |
| Is it too early for me to start calling myself a Green Thumb? |
I thought that once I saw some sprouts that I would calm down a little bit, but all it has done is increase my excitement for my other plants to come. Hopefully they will feel the positive energy. Who knew that watching plants grow could be so exciting? Since the lettuce sprouted on the 16th, I now have basil, onion, beans, peas, broccoli, and beet sprouts. And while I am beyond excited about my plants, I'm starting to get a little worried about where I am going to put them....
![]() |
| Not your typical April shower. |
JNY2R3WPE8SX



No comments:
Post a Comment